Filter Products +-
- Test Equipment
- Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Combustion Analysers
- Air Quality Measurement
- Calculators, Mears etc.
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
- Carrying Cases & Pouches
- Flow Rate Gauges & Mugs
- Leak Detectors
- Manometers, U-Gauge & Digital
- Miscellaneous Test Equipment
- Multimeters & Electrical Test Equipment
- Oxygen Detectors/Cells
- Printers & Printing Consumables
- Probes & Sensors for Test Equipment
- Smoke Alarms
- Smoke Testers & Paper
- Temperature Measurement
Test Equipment > Carbon Monoxide (CO)
Carbon Monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odourless and tasteless gas that is toxic to humans and is often referred to as the “silent killer” because it cannot be detected without the use of a carbon monoxide detector or alarm. C0 is produced by the incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels such as gas, coal, oil and wood, and can be produced by any device that is not burning correctly or a device that has a blocked flue system.
The regulations regarding the installation of a CO alarm are as follows:
- In England and Wales, a CO alarm is only mandatory if a solid fuel burning appliance, e.g. wood or coal, is installed
- In Scotland from Oct 2013, a CO alarm is mandatory when any type of fixed combustion appliance is installed (excluding appliances solely used for cooking) or replaced in a new or existing home and where a flue passes through high risk accommodation, such as a bedroom or living room.
- In Northern Ireland, a CO alarm is mandatory when any type of fuel burning appliance is installed or replaced in a new or existing home
- A CO alarm is mandatory if a “flue in void” situation is present, where the flue cannot be adequately inspected
PHC Parts supply a wide range of fixed and portable CO alarms at competitive prices. For contract or large volume users we also offer trade discounts – please contact your local branch for details.
Loading More Results